Elizabeth has been in practice since 1993. During the 1980s she trained in Herbalism and then went on to qualify in Clinical Nutrition. She works in a way that's very similar to a Naturopath with a particular emphasis on testing.
Over the years Elizabeth has gained a reputation for helping people with chronic conditions. She has a firm belief in looking for underlying causes and common factors. In particular she sees many clients with conditions that are commonly not perceived as life-threatening but which can be completely debilitating – for example Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Irritable Bowel and Food Sensitivities. Often these problems stem from stress and lifestyle factors and many have numerous overlapping symptoms.
Elizabeth regularly sees clients with these Conditions:
- Chronic digestive and bowel health problems
- Metabolic dysregulation (including high cholesterol, glucose regulation, weight gain)
- Allergies and food toxicity
- Fatigue and energy depletion (including Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)
- Chronic immune problems (depletion, inflammation, viral and bacterial infection, autoimmune)
- Hormonal support (in particular PMS, perimenopause and menopause)
- Mood disorders (as it relates to nutrient input - depression, poor cognition, anxiety)
- Support for healthy ageing (nutrients and lifestyle for longevity)
- Support for serious health problems (eg working alongside your doctor or other professional providing nutrient support for cancer patients).
If necessary Elizabeth will undertake a variety of tests including standard blood tests, functional tests and naturopathic tests. For some chronic cases this is essential to establish underlying issues and so point the way towards treatment options. She also uses live blood analysis (sometimes called Hemaview).
Rarely will Elizabeth look at a problem in isolation. She believes in a completely holistic approach. This means that she will check many bases – your nutrient intake, your digestion, your immunity, your diet, your lifestyle.
With an extensive nutritional training, including training in Metabolic Typing, Elizabeth will tailor your diet to suit your health condition and your circumstances.
Elizabeth consults with clients on the Gold Coast, across Australia and to the UK and New Zealand. Consultations at a distance are via Skype and your Instructions and Recommendations are sent by email. Products are posted to you or local sources recommended.
With her husband, Joyaa Antares - Osteopath, she founded Gold Coast Holistic Health in 2001.