This is the range Testing Services used by Elizabeth Orme
1. Functional Tests
- Functional Tests ask the question "How is my body functioning?" They do not seek pathology or a diagnosis, rather they are designed to detect levels of dysfunction
- Let's take an example -- you maybe feeling very fatigued. All conventional tests have yielded no results. Functional Testing may show a number of urine metabolites, indicating deficiencies in certain nutrients, some enzymes that are underactive and low adrenal hormones levels. This leads to treatment options
- Functional Tests are carried out using a number of laboratories (eg PathLab, Healthscope Pathology, NLS)
- Samples are collected in the convenience of your home using Test Kits with full instructions. Alternatively, blood maybe drawn at a Collection Centre local to your area and forwarded to the relevant laboratory.
Tests used regularly include:
- Female Hormones
- Male Hormones
- Stress (Adrenal) Hormones
- Sleep Disorder (Melatonin)
- Allergy to Common Foods
- Weight Management Assessment (Fatty Acids, Energy Metabolites and a range of Hormones)
- Liver Detoxification Profile
- Complete Digestion Analysis (various options -- includes assessment of beneficial and non-benefcial bacteria, absorption markers, enzyme capacity, yeasts present)
- Intestinal Permeability
- Hair Analysis (for Minerals and Heavy Metals)
- Amino Acid Profile
- Organic Acid Profile (for Metabolic Analysis)
- Organic Acid Profile (for Cellular Energy)
- Neuroendocrine Metabolites (for Mood Disorders)
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Osteoporosis Risk
- Vitamins and Antioxidants
- Full Thyroid Panel
- And more ....
2. In-Clinic Naturopathic Assessment
- Includes -- Urine pH, Saliva pH, Urine Test Strip, Blood Glucose, Blood Pressure, Pulse, Vitamin C Status, Zinc Status, Heavy Metals, Indican Test (helps assess GI health ), Free Radical Test, Weight, Body Fat %, Body Water %, Muscle %, Exercise Assessment, Blood Group (if required)
- The above requires you to attend the clinic for 30 minutes
- In addition we offer --- Candida Test, Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity Test, Helicobacter Pylori IgG Test.
3. Naturopathic Self-Test Kits
- Ideal when consultations are By-distance
- pH Testing, Zinc Status, Heavy Metals, Free Radical Test, Candida Test, Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity Test, Helicobacter Pylori IgG Test.
4. Live Blood Examination (also called Hemaview)
- One drop of blood, taken from your finger, is projected on to a TV screen and the following maybe indicated -- various nutritional deficiencies, immune system imbalances, some organ system dysfunctions.
5. Blood Testing
- We may give you a letter to take to your GP that requests a number of blood tests. In this way your tests are likely to be covered by Medicare
- An alternative, is to undertake your Blood Tests via Gold Coast Holistic Health. We can give you the necessary forms, and you will be asked to pay for the tests
- Blood Tests we frequently request are -- Full Blood Count, Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, Cortisol, DHEA, Total Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides, Liver Function, Glucose, Insulin, Iron, Zinc, Magnesium, TSH, Free T4 and T3, and more ....
To book a consultation call 07 5597 0669